UNO takes top position on PSN December 2012 charts
According to the US Playstation blog, UNO by gameloft took the top position for most purchased in the PSP category for the month of December.Now we all know that UNO was exploited earlier that month using a buffer overflow exploit, which allowed users to execute arbitrary code on their consoles.Renowned developer Frostegator released a port of CEF for the PS Vita’s 2.02 Official Firmware, which further boosted the downloads.
Following recents events, Sony has pulled UNO off its stores as quickly as possible.But what makes this news most interesting is the exploit was released to the public on 31st of December.That means either a LOT of purchases were made on 31st December itself owing to the private nature of the exploit prior to its release or people do not purchase games on PSN anymore.
GTA Vice City Stories, NBA 2K13, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Star Wars: Battlefront II were the games next to UNO on the most purchased list.Monster Hunter Freedom Unite has been exploited previously by the developers and I am sure other games on that list will be tested for similar exploits.
All the exploits found for the PS Vita yet are PSP exploits, ie they take advantage of PSP’s Emulator built into the PS Vita.We havent seen a pure Vita exploit which would open the realms of a new PS Vita scene.Here’s Hoping!
Source : US Playstation Blog
- Patapon 2 removed from PSN
- Patapon 2 VHBL for PS Vita 3.36 Firmware
- PS-TV Review – Hacking Required
- ARK-2 eCFW & Kernel Exploit for PS Vita 3.36 firmware Released!
Latest posts by skyend (see all)
- New exploit game for JP Region, PS Vita 3.36 FW - January 31, 2015
- ARK-2 eCFW & Kernel Exploit for PS Vita 3.36 firmware Released! - January 31, 2015
- Patapon 2 removed from PSN - January 29, 2015