Total_Noob ports the PSP XMB to the PS Vita!
Ok, so here’s something I thought you might all find a little bit interesting…
Total_Noob, famous developer of the CEF (Custom firmware within the PSP emulator of the Vita) is back with a project to bring the convenient PSP XMB to the PSP emulator on the Vita.
The first screenshot (see below) is pretty impressive, and I know it’s a feature many of us have been dreaming of. But this is still a work in progress and there are lots of obstacles to bring the XMB back to the Vita.
The idea is basically to copy some modules from a PSP 6.60 firmware, probably reverse engineer them a little bit to fix/remove the parts that don’t make sense as well as get them to communicate correctly with the PSP emulator on the Vita. Of course, distribution of such files (once the project is ready) might become problematic, as they will surely contain some code and graphics from Sony, but that’s something that will need to be addressed when the project is complete.
(From Wololo’s blog)
Work on the project will be a little slow due to his personal commitments but he said he will keep working on this neat little project!
Cheers for reading,,
- Playstation Store PSVITA + 12 Deals Of Christmas + Hatsune Miku:Project Diva F
- SCEA Boss Believes PS Vita is the “Best Handheld Gaming Experience”
- Sony Bend Working On New AAA PS Vita Game?
- Permanent CFW for all PSP models on the way!
Latest posts by Albino_Hedgehog (see all)
- PSP: Revision 2.3/10.3 of the ME & LME CFW is now available – Adds Pro Online support, DAX-format and more! - December 17, 2014
- Playstation Store PSVITA + 12 Days Of Christmas + The Walking Dead Complete 1st Season - December 16, 2014
- Legacy Title Review: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - December 15, 2014