Test: Old PSP Battery life, in a PSP Slim.
Test: Old PSP Battery life, in a PSP Slim. Today I had a closer look at my PSP Slim with a PSP-1000’s battery and what the size difference is and most importantly battery life. 1200MAh of the new slims battery Vs the 1800MAh of the old design PSP-1000 “Fat” battery.
From the photos I’ve taken you can see that the PSP Slim battery is thinner than the old model PSP-1000 / PSP Fat battery (obvious!). And that the old PSP-1000 battery sticks out by about 0.5cm.
Tests were with Brightness at max.
My PSP Slim reports 5 hours and 39 Minutes with the standard 1200mAH battery at 100% Charge.
The old battery in the PSP Slim reports 7hours and 15 minutes. Again this is with the brightness at max.
The verdict: The battery weight is slightly more but its not that noticeable, that battery sticks out only a little and not as much as people original had thought. If used with the brightness at a the lowest setting expect more play time. If you have a Sony PSP 2200 mAH Stamina Battery (An official one, not a fake Ebay clone) expect more play time in the PSP Slim I would say 10 hours if not more at least. Better still if you own a MAX battery 2600mAH I would think you could get maybe 12 hours play time. For the extra bulk of 10 grams more, I’ll go with the longer play time and an old battery for my next long haul flight. I’ve also noticed that if your playing PS1 games you expect a little more battery life.
The only thing we lack now is the battery cover for the larger battery. *Hint* Sony where is it?
Battery life in the PSP Slim (PSP-2000)
Original PSP Slim 1200MAh battery: 5 hours 39 Minutes*
Original Old PSP (fat) 1800MAh battery: 7 hours 15 Minutes*
Original Sony Stamina Battery 2200MAh: 10 hours + (Estimate)
High capacity 2600MAh battery: 12 ++ (Estimate)
* Tested with the brightness at maximum. Playtime is slightly longer again if playing PS1 games I have noticed.
- New Custom Firmware coming soon!
- The New Downloads Page
- 6.61 ME and LME CFW now available for PSP!
- PSP: Revision 2.3/10.3 of the ME & LME CFW is now available – Adds Pro Online support, DAX-format and more!
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013