PSP Hack: Font Mod for 6.20 OFW via PSP Filer and HBL
Thanks to MaX SLayeR A new fresh hack is out for the PSP Go or any OFW 6.20 PSP, via PSP Filer 4.4 and with the help of the Half Byte Loader (HBL) we’re now able to access flash1 and hack the font’s of our beloved PSP Go’s with 6.20 OFW.
Before we go any further with this, we just need to point out that touching your PSP’s NAND flash is risky business. It could in fact leave you with a plastic brick for a PSP. You’ll been warned ok, if you want to take this risk. Read on….
The steps involved are not as hard as they it look, but I’ll try and be as clear as possible:
- Download a copy of HBL rev .85 and the Papaton 2 demo thats needed to run the save game exploit/HBL.
- Download the Font Mod Hack + PSP Filer + Xvi32 Hex editor pack. (Below)
- Start up the HBL, load PSP Filer 4.4 and then once loaded go into hacker mode (R + Left)
- Move to flash1 by pressing start
- Copy the registry folder over to the memory stick pr mass memory
- Open the system.dreg file in the included hex editor XVI32 or use your own hex editor
- Change flash0:/font to now read “ms0:/fontmod” If you have a PSP Go change it too “ef0:/fontmod”. Save it.
- Move the files from the registry folder over a new folder with the files from fixupreg3 in it and then run the .exe
- Move the new registry files back on the memory stick / mass memory
- Now move the fontmod folder in the root of the memory stick / mass memory
- Run HBL again, then load PSP Filer once again entering hacker mode.
- Now in PSP Filer copy the registry files from the memory stick to flash1:/registry/ (overwrite them)
- Your done, exit PSP Filer and your new font should show up.
Source: PlaystationLandia (Italian)
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013