PSP Firmware 6.20 Released
PSP Firmware 6.20 is live, now available over the network update and also downloadable below. We now have a new comic reader built into the firmware and a new TV bar in the XMB.
Here’s the changelog, taken from the Playstation Blog:
- Digital Comics Reader – PlayStation Network Digital Comics is a new service launching in December. It will allow you to download hundreds of classic and new comics from the PlayStation Store and read them page by page or frame by frame on your PSP system. Firmware update (v6.20) includes the Digital Comics reader application, which you’ll find under a new section called “Extras” on the XMB. Please note, the comic reader is an additional download; once you’ve loaded (v6.20) onto your system, simply click on the comic reader icon under “Extras” to download it to your PSP. In addition, you’ll be able to try out a free digital comic sample from the service soon. Visit www.playstationcomics.com for more information.
- Export video/photo playlists – This is a new feature that allows you to export your video and photo playlists from your PC to your PSP system through Media Go. Download the latest version of Media Go (v1.3) for this and a few additional enhancements.
I’m going to check it out on my PSP-2000 TA-85 and then Pandora myself back to 5.50 GEN-D2. However I won’t be doing this on my PSP Go or if you have a PSP-3000 / TA-088v3. We don’t know if they have patched the FreePlay Save game Exploit or Team Typhoons HEN (If ever released!)
So hold off on updating for now, unless you can just flash back to CFW goodness later.
- None Found
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013