PSP Custom Firmware 6.20 PRO-B4 & 6.35 PRO-B4. Perm CFW!
It’s what many of you have been waiting for, thanks to coldbrid & Virtuous Flame aka Liquidzigong who have just released PSP Custom Firmware 6.20/6.35 PRO-B4. With 6.20 PRO-B4 you can permanently patch 6.20 PRO-B4 into your PSP flash memory! Many changes in this custom firmware. To run the CFW first run the PRO B4 update. To make it permanent, run the compatibility check first by running fake vshmain to see everything is ok. This will check to make sure your PSP model is compatible with the perm patcher. It will reboot into PRO-B4, if it doesn’t or it crashes or reboots into OFW. Don’t use the perm patch!
The perm patch is only for 6.20 FW, so if you really want to perm it. Downgrade to 6.20.
Wondering about compatibility? Well here’s the list: 6.20 CFW PRO_B4 works on 1g, 2g, 3g, 4g and 5g models & CFW 6.35 PRO-B4 works on all models upto 9g.
Make sure you read the perm-patch notes below, specially if you manage to brick.
PSP Custom Firmware 6.20 PRO-B4 & 6.35 PRO-B4 changelog
- Added 6.20 OFW Kernel Support
- Added 6.20 Type 2 PRX Permanent Bootloader
- Improved NID Resolver (Including 6.20 <-> 6.35 NIDs)
- Improved Game Compatiblity via Anti-NBGI Fixes
- Added Inferno OSS ISO Driver (Improves Compatiblity and Speed)
- Fixed BGM Playback Bug in Recovery Menu
- Improved Satellite Permission Detection
- Fixed Skype Crash Bugs
- Added Custom PSX Manual Support
- Added version.txt Display Support
- Added Parental Level Check for ISO / CSO
- Some small fixes we probably forgot about…
How to perm patch the CFW.
- Pressing R while booting loads the recovery.
- Pressing Select while booting loads OFW.
- When applying the Permanent Patch, choose X on first question and O on second to install, two times X only tests whether your device is compatible with our Permanent Bootloader.
- Should you manage to brick yourself, try pressing O+X+Select+Start while turning your PSP on. It will trigger a emergency uninstall.
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013