Official PSP Firmware 6.60 Released. Patches 6.39 kernel exploit!
Well, well if it isn’t another firmware update for Sony. Just when some of us were thinking they were done with updates for the PSP while they focus on the PS Vita, Sony jump to Firmware 6.60. Its confirmed that signed eboots (homebrew and apps) still work. Good – We don’t think they can stop signed homebrew. However downgraders report unsupported firmware.
Its not confirmed yet if the Kernel exploit/s has been patched, however rumor has it that some1’s exploit may have been patched this time round? If you can confirm this please let us know! OK its confirmed, Sony have patched the 6.39 kernel exploit. So were going to need a new exploit for 6.60 Custom Firmwares now.
Edit: The homebrew NPdemo package creator, FAKE_NP doesn’t work either. Thanks Tikiko for the info. And Neur0n is already on the case. Possible working towards a 6.60 CFW?? http://twitpic.com/63vep1
PSP Firmware 6.60 changelog:
Its available online over PSN. Thanks Dimitar for the news!
- Permanent CFW for all PSP models on the way!
- New Custom Firmware coming soon!
- PSP: Revision 2.3/10.3 of the ME & LME CFW is now available – Adds Pro Online support, DAX-format and more!
- Playstation Store gets a new feature!
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013