LCFW 6.20/6.35/6.39/6.60 Pro B9 Released
- What is LCFW ? LCFW a.k.a Light Custom Firmware is a custom firmware that is stored in the RAM as well as in the Flash0 and when the PSP is completely turned off it gets erased(only from the RAM). It’s the only CFW available for PSP 3000/GO/E1000 and PSP 2000 with TA088v3. It enables you to play PS1 games, PSP iso/cso games and to run homebrews and plugins.
- Is there a way to make this LCFW permanent? If your PSP supports 6.20 OFW there is so called Permanent Patch that can make the 6.20 Pro b9 permanent and it’s supported by any PSP that supports 6.20 OFW. If you have PSP 1000 or PSP 2000 with non-TA088v3 motherboard you can also install 6.39 Pro B9 or 6.60 Pro B9 and install CIPL. This will make the LCFW full CFW.
- What is Fast Recovery? After the initial installation of the LCFW there is easier way to turn it on. It’s to run the Fast Recovery.
- Can I delete the files after the installation? If you have installed 6.20 Pro B9 with a permanent patch or CIPL you can delete everything. If not than you can delete everything except the Fast Recovery.
- What PSPs are supported?
- 6.20 Pro B9 – 1g,2g,3g,4g,5g,6g
- 6.35 Pro B9 – 1g,2g,3g,4g,5g,6g,7g,9g
- 6.39 Pro B9 – 1g,2g,3g,4g,5g,6g,7g,9g
- 6.60 Pro B9 - 1g,2g,3g,4g,5g,6g,7g,9g,11g a.k.a PSP E1000( not yet tested )
- I installed 6.20 Permanent Patch and got a file called vshorig.prx. What to do it? This is file that will help you if something with your PSP went wrong. Copy it somewhere save – on your computer for example.
So How to install 6.XX Pro B9:
- Install the some of these OFW : 6.20,6.35,6.39,6.60 ( No matter if you downgrade or upgrade or you are on one of them already )
- Download the version of the LCFW that corresponds to your OFW
- Unrar both FastRecovery and PROUPDATE folders in PSP/GAME
- Run the 6.XX PRO UPDATE Icon from Game – Memory Stick
- You will see black screen like the one below. Hit the X button. When the installation completes hit the X button again.
- You are now back to the menu with 6.XX Pro B9 installed.
How to install 6.20 Permanent Patch( This works only on 6.20 Pro B9 already installed and enabled) :
- In the 6.20 Pro B9 archive you will find folder called “620PRO_Permanent”. Copy it in PSP/GAME
- Run it from Game – Memory Stick on your PSP.( See below )
- You will see a black screen. Press X on it. Then you will be asked if you want to test the patch. Press X again. ( See below )
- If your PSP doesn’t crash and goes to the XMB you can proceed with the installation. Otherwise your PSP is not compatible with it and should stop trying to install it.
- Run the permanent patch again. Hit X again on the first question but this time hit O on the second.
- Your 6.20 Pro B9 is now permanent. You Will find out that you got a file vshorig.prx in your root directory of the PSP. Copy it somewhere save – for example on your computer. It can help in some cases of brick.
Installing 6.39/6.60 CIPL( This must be installed on 6.39/6.60 Pro B9 and only on PSP 1000 and PSP 2000 with non -TA088v3 motherboard. Otherwise this will cause a brick that can not be fixed.) :
- You will find a CIPL_Flasher folder in the 6.39/6.60 Pro B9 archives. Place it in PSP/GAME
- Run it from Game – Memory Stick ( See Below ).
- You will see a black screen as the one below. Hit X and wait the psp to reboot.
- You now have a permanent 6.39/6.60 PRO B9.
Last but not least here is the changelog :
- Some bugfixes and code optimization
- Support for PSP Go Video mount
- Fixed a bug in Inferno/SonyNP9660 when enter sleep mode
- Updated decryption component, 6.20/6.3x add future support for encryption type PRX version 6.60
- Added compatibility to future game requiring 6.60fw
- Added 6.60 version (theorically sopports 11g module)
- Added option 166/83 frequency of CPU
Source : [PRO CFW Official Site]