Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher v1.60: Detection of HEN mode
Hellcat is back and in a big way as he releases his recovery flasher version 1.60. The new version now detects ChickHEN mode, supports CFW 5.00 M33-6. And the usual stuff like recover a semi-brick PSP, upgrade or downgrade your Custom Firmware, make and restore firmware dumps. Its the ultimate CFW tool.
Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher v1.60 changelog:
* Updated 5.00-M33 installation to revision 6
* Changed autonaming of new backup folders to include date, firmware, psp model
* Made the resurrecion.prx replacement function working on all DDCs from 6 and above
* Added detection of PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 TA-088v3+. Flash writing functions will be disabled on those PSPs as they are not CFW capable and flashing would result in a brick
* Added support for “Firmware Packs” – theese, like addons, packs will eliminate the need for a complete new release only when a new (C)FW is released. Instead of releasing a new Recovery Flasher it’ll just be such a pack, enabling Recovery Flasher to install the new firmware until an update of the main app is done that supports the firmware natively. Can/Will also be used for making Recovery Flasher install CFWs not supported, like GEN and such.
* Added complete checksum-check of the updater .PBP going to be used to avoid corrupted/incomplete .PBPs causing a brick
* Added full verify of the NAND dump that got written to be sure you have a good one
* Added detection of HEN mode
* Added detection and propper handling if a backup set contains OFW instead of CFW (like when made from HEN)
* Added better NAND dump handling. New dumps are now created with names similar to the (new) backup slot names (and now go into /flash-nanddumps), incl. an ID for the PSP they are made on, on NAND restore a list is shown with all available dumps matching the ID of the current PSP to choose from (the ID matching should prevent choosing a wrong dump accidentally)
* Added back/cancel on backup creation and restore
* Backups made from HEN mode are tagged to identify them as containing ORIGINAL firmware (as those backups do!)
Source: QJ forums
- Legacy News: Doom is 21 today!
- The New Downloads Page
- Competition: What would you do with 300HK Dollars?
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013