Half Byte Loader Rev 97 Stable with wMenu 0.3 Released.
Half Byte Loader Rev 97 Stable with wMenu version 0.3 has been released. More progress and changes all for the better from Wololo and the team. Quite a few bugfixes present and a new wMenu version that allows the use of sub folders, so you can split up your homebrew now into categorized folders. The changelog is below and a video from Wololo showcasing the new HBL rev 97 features.
Half Byte Loader Rev 97 Stable changelog:
- First, a graphical glitch has been fixed. Because of that, Homebrews such as PSP Rhythm were technically unplayable (@Muffinhead: you owe me). Others such as FCEUltra or Doom had minor graphical issues because of this.
- Additionally, I added a shortcut to quit homebrews that don’t have an “exit” button. Yes, the “home” button is still broken, but now you can exit most games by pressing select+start for a few seconds. (Note that some homebrews such as gpsp still crash upon exiting, this is unrelated). The “select+start” combination can be changed in the hbl config file, or even customized for each homebrew (as usual, by putting a hbl_config.txt file in the homebrew’s folder)
- The distrib version now ships with wMenu 0.3, which allows you to navigate in subfolders, so you can now split your homebrews in several folders if you use wMenu
- Other minor bugs were fixed, which shouldn’t make any visible difference (check the changelog included for details)
You need a PSP with 5.50, 5.55, 5.70, 6.00, 6.10 or 6.20 firmware, the Papaton 2 demo, the save game data exploit and of course the latest HBL revision. You can download them all below.
How to use the Half Byte homebrew loader:
- Download and install the Patapon 2 demo to your MemoryStick or /Mass Memory (PSP Go)
- Download the HBL revision 96 and copy the “hbl” directory and the “h.bin” file to memory root
- Now copy the hacked save data folder UCUS98732_DATA02 to /PSP/SAVEDATA
- Move any homebrew you want to play or try to the folder: /PSP/GAME
- Start the Patapon 2 demo and load the hacked save game, then load your homebrew from the HBL menu
- DaedalusX64 – Revision: 1791
- TN-v is here!
- 2.10 firmware for vita
- PSP States Plugin for Custom Firmwares