Game Categories Light v1.2 for 6.20 TN-A Released *UPDATED AGAIN*
UPDATE #2: Bubbletune has released Game Categories Light v1.2b to fix issues brought on in v1.2 (changelog has been updated below). He has stated that he will fix the issues completely when he has more time to dedicate to the project. A download link for GCL v1.2b is at the bottom of the article.
Bubbletune is hard at work this week releasing an update to his plugin that keeps us all sane: Game Categories Light for 6.20 TN-A. For those of you who don’t know, GCL is a great plugin that allows you to categorize and sort your games and homebrews. The latest update, v1.2, features a few additional bug fixes.
Here’s the official changelog:
CHANGES 1.2 -> 1.2b
- Reverted the internal category revision introduced in version
1.2. It caused a lot of issues. I will reimplement it in 1.3
when I have more time for it, but for now this is a quick fix.
CHANGES 1.1 -> 1.2
- Removing games/homebrew didn’t work correctly, fixed.
- Revised the way categories are handled internally in order to
make the filename length limitation a lot less harsh. Categories
are internally shortened to two digits, meaning you don’t need
to shorten the filenames as often as you used to.
- If the required firmware version is higher then your current
firmware it now shows so, instead of the odd ’6.31 – 6.20′
Here are instructions for installing and using GCL v1.2:
GAME CATEGORIES LIGHT 1.2b BY BUBBLETUNE (FOR 6.20 TN)
Game Categories Light is the successor to Game Categories Revised for
the 6.XX kernel. It extends the ‘By Expire Date’ foldering feature
with a well integrated ‘By Category’ feature. It also introduces a
subtitle showing the game/homebrew’s type and firmware limitations.
Categorizing your games and homebrew is entirely left to you, and
an ‘Uncategorized’ option is added in case you missed anything.
- Any PSP model running 6.20 TN.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION
- Connect your PSP to your PC and create a folder called ‘seplugins’
in the root of your memory stick (eg. X:/seplugins).
- Extract the file called ‘game_categories_light.prx’ included in
this ZIP in to the ‘seplugins’ directory you just created.
- Using any text editor, create a file called ‘vsh.txt’ inside the
same ‘seplugins’ directory.
- Add one of the following lines in to the just-created text file,
depending on your PSP model:
If you are using a PSPGo and storing it on the built-in storage:
In any other situation:
- Exit USB mode, open the VSHMenu, and select ‘RESTART VSH’. You are
now ready to create categories.
- Connect your PSP to your PC and browse to your /PSP/GAME folder.
- Create folders representing the categories you’d like to use.
- Move any homebrew or games you’d like into the freshly created
- If corrupt data starts showing up, shorten the length of the
filenames of your homebrew.
- Do not move your Patapon demo inside a category, as categories
do not function while you are in the official firmware. They will
show up as corrupted data.
- Exit USB mode and you’re ready to start using them!
- In order to hide the ‘Uncategorized’ folder, simply create a file
called ‘X:/seplugins/hide_uncategorized.txt’. Just leave it empty.
- Davee (betatesting & providing firmware for development)
- ruyor (betatesting)
- Draan (betatesting)
Thanks again Bubbletune and keep up the great work!
- None Found