Famitsu’s PSV FAQ reveales interesting details
Today’s Famitsu posted 50 questions FAQ about the newest Sony handheld. Most of the answeres were already announced by Sony but few are completely new. Here are one of the key questions that got answered :
- If the game saves on the NGV card it won’t be able to save on the seporate Memory Stick format. Same applies for the DLC.
- If the game requires a seporate Memory Stick it won’t even boot without one inserted.
- Sony is looking for a way to transfer saves between PSP and Vita.
- There is special engine that can boost the graphic quality of PSP games on the Vita. It can be turned off and on.
- The build in web browser supports Java, HTML5, cookies, and so-forth. At launch however it won’t support Flash. Famitsu, however, hints that it will support Flash later.
- You can put the system into sleep mode by quickly pressing the power button. Outside of sleep mode, you can temporarily suspend the current game by pressing the PS Button, which takes you to the game’s Live Arena. You can then use such functionality as PS Store, friend lists, photos and so forth. If you want to boot up another game or the video player, though, you’ll need to exit the current game.
- The brightness level can be adjusted gradually unlike the PSP which is step-based.
- “Game Archives” won’t be playable at launch. This can either include PlayStation titles or both PlayStation titles and PC Engine/TurboGrafx titles. This will be supported in future.
- At shipment time, you can use the following built in apps or functions : Welcome Park , Party , Photo & Camera, Music, Video, Near, Browser, Group Messaging, Friend, Trophy, PS Store, Remote Play, Content Management and Settings.
- Vita’s Memory Stick is a must-have because of the limitations of the saving.
- The system does not have external video out.
- The system cannot use PSP and PS3 peripherals
- Sony will offer a “Portable Charger,” a battery which offers double the capacity of the system’s built in battery.
- The system will first attemp to connect over the Wifi and if no wifi connections are available will use the 3G. If however a Wifi spot become available while you are already using the 3G Via will continue using 3G.
- You can check your current 3G usage through an app called “Network Operator.”
- You can still use GPS without the 3G, but 3G can acquire positional information faster.
- For 3G, content will be filtered by default. If you want to turned off the parental control, you have to fill out some paperwork at the NTT DoCoMo shop.
- You can manage Vita’s memory card and share trophys. You can watch video and listen music via Remote Play. PS3′s Torne DVR device can also be used once you’ve updated its firmware.
- All PS4 games playable on PS Vita!
- PS4 and PSvita to support Gaikai streaming
- Japan has their PS Vita Price dropped
- 2.10 firmware for vita