Dark Alex / M33 Universal PSP Unbricker v3
Dark Alex / M33 Universal PSP Unbricker v3 has been released, this new update of the unbricker tool for the PSP Slim and regular fat PSP’s. The unbricker will now install 3.71 M33-2 directly, instead of the initial 3.71 M33 release and the no-display bug for PSP Slim units has been fixed. The screen will now display the install text.
Need help? Try our forum thread here for help.
- If you have already a pandora ms, don’t do this part. Otherwise,
format an ms using c+d mspformat or any other tool that allows to move
partition to ~250kb from first sector
Remove ms, usb and connect again usb and ms.
Make PSP and PSP/GAME dirs.
- Copy despertar_cementerio to PSP/GAME/
- Download 1.50, 3.40 and 3.71 update eboots and copy them to ms root with
150.PBP, 340.PBP and 371.PBP names.
- Use the app under a cfw with 2.x or 3.x kernel (be sure that kernel is
selected on recovery to the correct one (2.x or 3.x))
- Once finished, u will have msipl.bin on root. If you already have a pandora
ms, you don’t have to do this step (ipl doesn’t changes lol), otherwise,
use c+d msinst to install ipl on ms; or use dd command from unix, or any
hex-edit program to write on sector 16 on the physical drive.
- Now you can delete 340 and 150 PBP’s, as they won’t be used more; but 371.PBP
will be used for unbricker, so don’t delete it.
- Now you have an universal pandora ms ready to go, and you just need a proper
battery. If you have 1.50 kernel access, use c+d tool. Otherwise, use corly149 tool.
Battery and ms will work on all psp and slims to this date.
- Press X to install 3.71M33.
- Press O to install original 3.71 (rest of the process as the X option)
- Press ["] to dump nand to nand-dump.bin. When done, psp will auto shutdown.
- Press L+R+HOME+start to restore nand from nand-dump.bin
This proccess is very dangerous, and you should *just* use it if it’s your
last chance to get it working.
This is a physical restore process (not a logical one), and will try to make
a 100% exact clon of the dump.
If you are working with a dump that isn’t yours, you will get either a brick
or a corrupt idstorage, depending on the firmware.
If while you are restoring your psp have got any damaged block more than
when you dumped it, you might also get a brick, depending on what block is it.
Works for both PSP and PSP Slim.