Custom Firmware Enabler v2.10 – Supports POPS
Custom Firmware Enabler v2.10 has been released, Xenogears and Becus25 have released an update to their Custom Firmware loader, version 2.1 now supports POPS (PSX Emulator). When used in conjunction with ChickHEN R2, 5.03 firmware TA-88v3 users can M33 load custom firmware without flashing.
How to enable POPS, First download Firmware 5.00. Start PSARDumper and decrypt the 5.00 Eboot. Now Copy the “pops.prx” and “popsman.prx” from the F0 directory to your memory stick under PSP/GAME/CFWEnabler/Pops. And then “Enable Pops Support” from CFWEnabler
Oh and the PSP-3000 is NOT supported, yet…..
- Fixed a problem when you change settings for the plugins.
- Fixed internal problems.
- Fixed a problem that caused a crasheo accessing plugins and have no plugin.
- Improved detection of release.
- Fixed a bug in the installation of the Pops (The PRX MD5 is different on each console, so the test worked, but then not)
- Fixed a bug not detect either a previous installation (caused that could not be installed above the new version)
- System pops native activation.
- System configuration Custom Firmware.
- Verification MD5 of files that are installed in flash, if you have not installed either, re-install.
- Nice interface.
- Safety flasheos unnecessary.
- Protection from ChickHen load the Custom Firmware.
(It is necessary that this ChickHen in a folder called “ChickHEN inside Photo or Pictures.)
- Changed version of the system (now shows 5.03 M33)
Source: Dark-Alex forums
When selecting the “Option O button: flash M33 custom firmware files into the flash” It doesn’t overwrite any files when flashing, but if your PSP was to lose power when writing to the NAND flash it could equal a brick. So make sure you do this with the PSP powered via the power adaptor and a full battery charge just in case!
POPs support: “The PRX MD5 is different on each console” so that means you have to make your own “pops.prx” and “popsman.prx” using one some else made won’t work it seems. Its unique for each PSP….
- None Found