Custom Firmware Enabler 3.30+ Tutorial
This is a quick tutorial / guide to running Custom Firmware Enabler 3.30+ on your PSP-3000. We have two choices for CFW on our PSP-2000 TA-088v3+ models and PSP-3000′s. Either 5.03 GEN-A or this custom firmware. We’re now swaying towards Xenogears and becus25′s CFWEnabler as the updates are rolling out quicker, it has less bugs and a pretty menu system for enabling the various options.
- You need official Firmware 5.03 installed to begin (ChickHEN needs this fw version)
- Install ChickHEN R2 and get that running, use our tutorial and guide located here: Guide to running ChickHEN R2 on your PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA88v3+
- Now download Custom Firmware Enabler 3.30 and install this to your PSP Memory card. put the file CWEnabler folder in PSP/GAME
- With ChickHEN R2 loaded in your PSP XMB go to GAME, Memory Stick and then load CFWEnabler
- You’ll boot up into a CFWEnabler screen, Select install and your PSP will reboot.
- After which your PSP will reboot into 5.00 M33-6 CFW! Easy as pie!!
In order to enter the setting and configuration menu (Recovery menu) Simply run CFWEnabler from your XMB again and this time hold the R shoulder button. You’ll boot up into the menu screen (top)
Here you have the following pretty menu’s:
The above screen demonstrates the MAC adress Spoof, so its not visible in the XMB. Good for screenshots like this. We haven’t gone into the Pops flashing as CFWEnabler 3.2+ supports native PSX/PS1 emulation and its pretty good.
- None Found