Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-A for HEN FAQ
PSPGen have posted a FAQ for their soon to be released Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-A for Hen, which by the way was meant to be released about an hour ago…. I guess we will see it today? (6th of June) They have commented that its not fake, will not cause a brick and that installation is easy. You just select what PSP model you have either a PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 and the installer takes care of the rest.
We hope PSPGen can at least release this today, as I’m sure we’re all growing tired of seeing these hyped up releases only to be followed by delays.
Here is the FAQ PSPGen have posted, again this is translated from French into English.
Custom Firmware 5.03GEN-A is for HEN is ready but due to a personal concern, a MaGiXieN absent this afternoon. This delays the launch of a few hours.
Enjoying the time we give some details:
* The Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A is not a fake
We thought that it was needless to say but never PSPGEN announced an exclusive without this happen. We are often late because we have a real life that interferes with the site, but we always kept our commitments.
* No risk of brick in normal use
Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A can not brick your console during the iinstallation. Understand that the Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A adds the files it needs but does not those of the official firmware 5.03.
For against, once installed, as it is a Custom Firmware, you have access to the flash0 of your console. Note that on a PSP-3000 (or PSP-2000 v3), DO NOT TOUCH THE FLASH0 since editing a file of official firmware 5.03 resulted in a brick IRREPARABLE.
* Will it put an unofficial theme
NOT. the unofficial themes are actually files that replace the firmware in the flash of your console. As mentioned above, this operation is prohibited on PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3 lest its brick PSP definitively because no pandora battery for the PSP is planned
* The Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A can be installed on all the PSP?
It runs on all PSP-2000 and PSP-3000. It has no relevance on the PSP-1000 that can install Custom Firmware 5.02GEN-A through our tutorial Spend your PSP 1000 and 2000 v1 or v2 in custom firmware with ChickHEN
* The Custom Firmware 5.03GEN-A need for HEN he reactivation in the event of termination of the console?
YES but not a relocation. Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-A is a real but the Custom Firmware PSP-3000 (and PSP-2000V3) may not start, ignition, a modified firmware. It must pass through the chickHEN R2 Dave then run the program to launch (or installs the first time) Custom Firmware itself. Once launched, the PSP Custom Firmware is the same as her sisters flashées. Only the launch mode is different.
* Is there a Recovery Mode?
YES, the 5.02GEN-A has been patched to run on the PSP-3000. It allows you to change the majority of the usual (Example: The deletion of coldboot example is useless since the PSP does not start in Custom firmware). Note that we encounter some problems with this recovery in VSH and he will probably wait for a patch to correct to be 100% functional. Note that the GEN VSH MENU works, it very well.
* Is there a kit for SDC Custom Firmware for 5.03GEN-A HEN?
No. PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3 motherboards have prevented the use of such a system. Everything is possible but in this case the probability of such a system is really out very low.
* How to Custom Firmware installs 5.03GEN for HEN-A?
At the base is a windows application (sorry for the others) that allows you to patch the Custom Firmware 5.02GEN-A to make it compatible with the PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 V3 before copying the files needed to install on the Memory Stick of the PSP.
- Permanent CFW for all PSP models on the way!
- PSP: Revision 2.3/10.3 of the ME & LME CFW is now available – Adds Pro Online support, DAX-format and more!
- New Custom Firmware coming soon!
- The Vita Homebrew Bubble has Burst
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013