Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D Released
Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D has just been released, the release that should have been the cursed 5.50 GEN-C release. This custom firmware now lets users play back up UMD’s that require firmware 5.55 or 6.00 without patching the eboot.
So you save yourself a few steps in playing 5.55+ games. No more extracting the games eboot, using game decrypter to patch the eboot. Then finally re-building the ISO. None of that is needed anymore, thanks to GENyUS
Remember this is for PSP-1000’s, PSP-2000 (Pre TA-88v3) and NOT PSP-3000’s
Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D Features:
- All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are available.
- Compatibility with games requiring firmware 5.51 with no additional handling (now, you don’t need Game Decrypter)
- Compatibility with most of games normally protected and refusing to be ran on a Custom Firmware (Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Calibur, etc). Yoshihiro has created a system to run them and he succeed to make this system more stable and it’s now compatible with all PSP, unlike the 5.50 GEN-C.
- Possibility to connect at the Playstation Store via MEDIAGO, to retrieve game and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
- Support for 480×272 AVC video playback.
Ok installed and tested, my plug-ins all seem to work. RemoteJoy lite .19, Game Catagores v4, Ultimate VSH. And emulators, PSX and iso seems to run fine.
- The Vita Homebrew Bubble has Burst
- Permanent CFW for all PSP models on the way!
- New Custom Firmware coming soon!
- Playstation Store gets a new feature!
Latest posts by PSPFan (see all)
- PS Vita Firmware 2.60 Released - August 6, 2013
- PS Vita Firmware 2.12 Released known VHBL Exploits OK - May 8, 2013
- The Z’s Exploit only on PSN AU & Europe. Plus release delay? - May 1, 2013