Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-B for HEN Released
Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-B has been released. This custom firmware update for PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA-088v3 owners now lets users play original firmware 5.55+ games with out the need of Game Decrypter. So no more eboot patching and rebuilding ISO’s with UMDGen. Your now level with 5.50 GEN-D2 users, same options more or less.
Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-B Release notes:
Background of core functions:
* Compatible with PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3 official firmware 5.03
* Play backups of games REQUIRE PSP firmware above 5.03, including 6.xx
* Reading UMD REQUIRE firmware above 5.03, including 6.xx
* Reading UMD / ISO games protected against the custom firmware.
* Play of PS1 games
* GEN available VSH MENU (SELECT)
* Recovery in VSH available
* Reading Homebrews
It is time to get down to that angry because we have failed to resolve.
* MGS demo refuses to run
We’ve tried everything and what works in 5.50GEN-D2 has not worked in the 5.03GEN-B. Pity …
* The Recovery mode menu is “mixed”
The RECOVERY MODE 5.02GEN-A has been patched to run on the PSP-3000. It can change the most usual options but we encounter some problems with this VSH Recovery in and we have not managed to fix it. In fact, the menu sees some of his lines not properly allocated and others who do not work. Note that on a PSP-3000, the recovery is useless, or nearly so, since all the useful features found in the VSH menu or in Ultimate VSH menu Total_Noob of Total_Noob we strongly recommend that you install.
Remember in order to update to 5.03 GEN-B you need to have 5.03 GEN-A already up and running. *Not needed you can go straight to 5.03 GEN-B. Here are some tips to get on the road to CFW 5.03 GEN-B :
- Ok first up you’ll need a PSP-3000 or PSP-2000 with a TA-088v3 *duh…
- Now make sure your running Firmware 5.03 or less (On FW 5.03+ Sorry this isn’t for ya. ChickHEN only works on 5.03!)
- Install chickHEN R2 and get it running. This will help: Guide to running ChickHEN R2
- Once in the Homebrew Enabled Environment aka HEN, run GEN-B. Simple!
Oh and while your at it, Team GEN recommends you install this: Ultimate VSH Menu Revised by Total_Noob, it will give you some useful VSH Menu functions since the Recovery Menu is practically useless….
- Half-Byte Loader for PS Vita FW 3.10 & 3.12
- A bunch of new games land on PS Vita
- *UPDATE* PS Vita 3.15 FW incoming! adds PS4 support for PS VitaTV
- PS1/PSP classics revived for PS Vita