ChickHEN Released! Homebrew on all PSP’s
The day many PSP-3000 and TA88v3 owners have been waiting for has finally arrived as Davee has released chickHEN. Using the TIFF Exploit discovered earlier by MaTiAZ, Davee found a way to use that with his new Kernel exploit to allow homebrew on all PSP’s. That includes the previously thought unhackable TA88v3 Motherboard found in PSP-3000′s and some newer PSP-2000 units.
This exploit requires a PSP with firmware 5.03. If you have a version less you can upgrade to 5.03 using this update: PSP Firmware 5.03 If you have a PSP with 5.50 or updated to 5.50 unfortunatly your stuck at the moment intill a downgrade option can be found.
Edit: It seems this release is “brokHEN” – plagued by a bug as myself and others haven’t been able to get any homebrew to work. It reboots fine but no homebrew games work as it ends in the PSP freezing. (I tried this on my PSP-3000) Rumor has it that a fix will be released tomorrow? I’m sure davee is aware of this bug and will be onto it.
5.03 ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler – Team Typhoon (Article by Granite) So comes the release of the highly anticipated ChickHEN homebrew enabler by Team Typhoon. After 1800 Lines of code, 4 weeks of stressful developing and countless amounts of tests the dawn of a new homebrew era for all the 3000, 2000 and 1000 users is on the horizon. What was said to be impossible by many is now a reality, all styles homebrew are now running on the “unhackable” T88v3 and TA-090 motherboards rolled out by Sony.
What does the ChickHEN do?
ChickHEN as a Homebrew Enabler that allows the execution of homebrew via the PSP XMB. Running via a vulnerability in the lib TIFF the launcher takes advantage of the system by performing a kernel exploit and rebooting into a homebrew enabled enviroment. The ChickHEN remains active until the PSP is fully reset in which case official firmware loads from the flash. ChickHEN unlike other HEN’s doesn’t touch the flash0 and resides completely in memory. The h.bin supplied in this download consists of a loader and systemex, which is a inversed order of systemctrl and rebootex
What ChickHEN does NOT do?
-Run ISO, CSO or any other form of UMD backup.
-Run PSX Games
-Touch The Flash of your beloved PSP
-Magically allow the use of Custom Firmware
How do i get the HEN to run on my PSP?
1. First off use the supplied TIFF image and place it in the PSP>PHOTO Directory.
2. Copy h.bin over to the MS ROOT and safely remove device.
2. Scroll over to the PHOTO icon on the XMB and click the ChickHEN folder and wait. (This will not work the first time, you may have to just use a method of loading that works for you but this is what we have found most efficient)
3. If all goes well the screen should blank out and flash green showing that the HEN is loaded and all is well.
4. Wait for your PSP to reboot and check your PSP’s system software. It should now display: “5.03 ChickHEN”.
5. Scroll on over to GAME and enjoy some Homebrew!
This software should not be used in conjunction with software which can enable the usage or disable the protections of copyrighted content. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your PSP system. This software comes with no warrenty.
Team Typhoon: ChickHEN
MaTiAz: TIFF Eggsploit
Lawrence Jackson (LCJ14) – PSP 3000
MforMature staff: For everything
Everyone else who gave help during the development
SHA-1 of h.bin: 39339DF6D67DA88BDFF78261222AAADAEBCD9203
Source: Davee’s official website
- Updated: Pokemon Obsidian for Psp (Preview)
- TN-v v3 announced
- PSP States Plugin for Custom Firmwares